As a business owner, your establishment bustling with a crowd is a welcome sight. It means that your business is prospering. However, you must ensure that heavy footfall never becomes a cause for customer discomfort or unwanted accidents. This is why you must take the proper measures for effective and efficient management of foot traffic.
Whether you own a small shop or a large hotel, manage an educational institution or any other commercial site, choosing stanchion ropes, stanchion posts, and stanchion signs that help with queue management, sectioning off parking lots, or warning customers against danger zones is the first step towards ensuring a positive customer experience.
Of course, there are different types of stanchions. So, how do you know which one is best for your business? In this article, we’ll review the different types of stanchion posts, stanchion ropes, and stanchion signs to help you decide.
What are stanchions?
Stanchions are erect structures that help support some other object. They can be permanent, wall-mounted or standalone structures. Stanchions are meant to help customers understand where they should queue and prevent overcrowding and stampedes. They are also great for creating a sense of organisation, calmness, and opportunities for merchandising.
The different types of stanchions
There are different kinds of stanchions that serve varied purposes. Below are some of the most common stanchion types and the typical purpose they serve:
- Stanchion posts and rope stanchions with metal posts: Classic stanchion ropes and posts are the most common type and can add elegance to any space. These are most preferred in establishments like restaurants, multiplexes, galleries, and nightclubs. These types of stanchions have ropes that can be linked with hooks to metal posts with heavyweight, stable bases so that they don’t fall over. They may be made of metals like aluminium, steel, or polished brass. These kinds of stanchions are usually paired with elegant cotton or braided polypropylene ropes.
- Plastic stanchions: This type of stanchion looks much like the previous one but is constructed of hard plastic. They are usually paired with plastic ropes. While plastic stanchions may not look as elegant as a metal stanchion post, they are better suited for outdoor use as they are rustproof and remain undamaged by moisture. They are also very light and can easily be carried around. Therefore, these stanchions are best suited for circumstances which demand frequent changes of barrier positioning or need to be set up outdoors for a long time or where they have to be taken down and set up often.
- Retractable belt stanchions: These stanchions rule most modern spaces like airports, ticketing areas, banks, and post offices. Retractable belt stanchions are indispensable for areas or establishments where crowd distribution and guidance are required. As the name suggests, these stanchions do not use ropes, but rather, a retractable belt that hooks onto the posts. Retractable belt stanchions can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Apart from the above-mentioned three most common stanchion posts, there are also these below-mentioned stanchions:
- Stainless steel outdoor loop post and chain barrier: These stanchions might be better than plastic stanchions for larger outdoor venues like amusement parks as they are sturdier and more resistant to the wear and tear of busy outdoor environments.
- Safety posts for industrial enterprises: These stanchions are extremely sturdy yellow aluminium posts with a sloped base and are usually paired with polypropylene ropes or chains.
Stanchion Ropes: Types and Utility
Just like stanchion posts, stanchion ropes are also rich in variety. Some of the most common kinds of stanchions ropes are as follows:
Hanging Stanchion Ropes
You typically see hanging ropes at fancy restaurants and hotels, or the lining of red carpets. These ropes commonly come in four types:
- Cotton or Hemp ropes for indoor use or casual events.
- Velvet ropes or Velour are usually used in glamorous red-carpet events.
- Leather-style ropes or Naugahyde are also used to add glamour to spaces and events. They are more durable than velour.
- Polypropylene ropes for indoor or outdoor use. These are extremely durable as well.
Retractable stanchion belts are also available in a variety of colors and sizes. These are also wise choices as branding and advertising tools as you can customize retractable barrier belts with your company slogan and logo.
One useful tip when buying a retractable barrier belt is to opt for belts with automatic lock systems. This is because children often try to play with these belts. Automatically locking belts retract slowly even when opened and are thus much safer.
Informative signage ensures smooth queues and positive customer experiences. Stanchion top signs are therefore imperative for airports, banks, supermarkets, theatres, or any business establishment today. These help to complete your queue management system.
Buy quality stanchions for your business at Visiontron
Visiontron offers unique and state-of-the-art designs for all kinds of stanchions. We also offer customization options so we can provide a solution specifically suited to your business. If you wish to purchase high-quality, and durable stanchions for your enterprise at affordable prices, do browse our website or contact our People Guidance Pros for information!