Over 14,000 products delivered to 175 airports across the nation in 5 months = thousands of agents and travelers protected from germs.
This past year has been difficult, to say the least. It certainly changed the way everyone behaves in public. The term ‘new normal’ has been thrown around ad nauseam with a degree of fear and anxiety, but there is something to be said for ‘new normal’ behaviors that just might be here to stay.
Amidst the Covid-19 crisis, as a manufacturer of crowd control products, we were presented with opportunities to customize our standard product offerings for a variety of our customers to create different germ barriers specific to their needs.
Right up there with proper hand washing, placing a clear barrier between personnel who interact with the public on a daily basis, like security officials at the airport, should be something we automatically do moving forward.
Mass-scale germ protection.
Last year, in 2020, we won a bid to create custom Covid Barriers for airport security officials. Because the areas designated for airport security are different from location to location, we were tasked to create a modular system available in a variety of heights and widths that were easy to ship and assemble.
Because we manufacture our products in our shop on Long Island, NY, we were able to easily prototype, test and ship in an acceptable time frame. Bryan continued, “We geared up with specialized production lines to ensure fast and efficient deployment of over 14,000 products consisting of posts, panels and booths distributed to 175 airports in a matter of a few months. Because we manufacture all under our roof, it’s easy to adjust the factory to meet the demands of custom, large-scale projects.”
Covid Barrier features include:
- Easily assembled on site.
- Varying uses of black/opaque panel inserts to create total privacy, and clear, acrylic panels that provide maximum visibility and germ protection.
- Barriers could be set up for a multitude of users, including as divider walls and corridors, privacy rooms and command centers, all without requiring any actual construction.
- To allow for easier interactions between passengers and officials, we added speak-through cutouts in some of the acrylic inserts.
- Three-walled Covid Booths that protect one agent have a sturdy shelf that can be placed on the inside or outside of the booth.
- High-quality aluminum is used for maximum longevity.
- Covid Post and Panel Barrier kits are very easy toassemble with simple instructions. Covid Booths are shipped fully assembled and ready for use.
Protect your people.
Many organizations can benefit from implementing Covid Barriers to keep their agents safe. Ideal not just for airports, but any facility that has security checkpoints, such as the Defense Department, military bases, government buildings and venues — essentially any situation where anID needs to be checked and the employee is exposed.
For government agencies, our more standard products, including Heavy Duty Q-PANEL® Rigid Systems and 9’ Grooved RETRACTA-BELT® stanchions are availablethrough GSA. Many of our most popular items are in stock and ready to ship. When ordering through GSA, contact us for assistance.
Visiontron — The People Guidance Pros
We at Visiontron believe it’s our job to enhance each and every person’s experience. From small retail stores to the world’s busiest airports, our products and solutions are there to help people get the most from their time with you. Need help selecting the right products for your application? Get in touch with a People Guidance Pro today at 631-582-8600.