It's all in the family.
Visiontron is a family owned and operated business built on values of honesty and hard work. The Torsiello family is on its third generation of ownership and prepared for a bright and enthusiastic future.
We use the term family loosely, or you might say, more inclusively. Family are our employees, many of whom have been with us for decades. (There’s a good chance that the person you spoke with today will be here when you call back in a decade.) Family are the business partners and vendors who share our commitment to quality. And family are the customers who trust our solutions to guide and protect their own customers and employees.
Our family grows bigger every day. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
American manufacturing at its best.
We design, manufacture, and inventory the majority of our work in our 40,000 sq. ft. plant on Long Island, New York. This means prompt production and fast deliveries, and also allows for both mass production and mass customization. A 24-hour turn-around is becoming our standard response, even when the order includes custom work. Our in-house engineering team will work with you to produce the exact product for your company’s needs.
Where in the world is Visiontron? Everywhere!
You can find RETRACTA-BELT® stanchions, our signature product line, around the globe in airports, casinos, hotels, museums, hospitals, theme parks, stadiums, Fortune 500 companies, Wal-Mart, Verizon stores, Macy’s, Dunkin Donuts, Best Buy and anywhere else people gather.
But we’re much more than just posts. We manufacture a wide variety of other stanchions, wall mounts, traditional post and ropes, safety barriers, luggage sizers, floor mats, information boards, signs and sign holders, gateboards, and much more.
We maintain a full inventory of standard and specialty “people guidance” equipment and signage, and a large amount of our work is customized to meet each individual customers need.
What’s in a name?
When Visiontron began back in the 60’s, airport personnel were writing on chalkboards to post arrival and departure times. The owners of the company could clearly see that there had to be a better way. That vision resulted in the company manufacturing mechanical signs for use in airports around the world. So they made ”vision” the first part of the company name thinking it would remind them to never stop looking into future. As for “tron”, well, way back then, it just sounded cool.
Our product line has expanded a great deal over the past half century but we’re still Visiontron. And, despite the occasional call to our front desk asking if we’re in the eyewear business, Visiontron is here to stay.
“Everybody say, ‘People Guidance Pros!'”
— Mr.Q (a.k.a. Joe Torsiello, 2nd Generation)
“When I grow up, I’m going to work at Visiontron (…or be a paleontologist)!”
— Tico Torsiello (4th Generation)
See the Visiontron Difference for Yourself!
Visiontron’s Environmental Efforts
Our goal is to produce superior products which address our customers’ real-world needs in a clean, modern, energy-efficient plant. The respect we have for our environment extends to all our efforts – here’s just a few examples that prove we care:
- Introduced aluminum into our line of crowd control stanchions which is generally a greener material for the following reasons:
- Aluminum is much lighter. It lowers shipping costs and overall impact.
- Aluminum is easier to recycle at the end of the product’s life to the average customer.
- Polished Chrome and Satin Chrome on steel are produced using caustic chemicals. (Our plater meets or exceeds EPA standards.) Polished Aluminum and Satin Aluminum are mechanical finishes, reducing the amount of chemicals and waste used.
- Introduced the Utility Post featuring a RECYCLED-RUBBER base (recycled base can be added to most other products.)
- We use recycled corrugated boxes which are further recyclable.
- Introduced Knocked-Down shipping: uses half the shipping material, ships much more efficiently, and the box can be reused to save storage space.
- We offer units with longer belts so you can use less posts to cover the same area.
- We make sure our painters, platers and anodizers meet or exceed current EPA standards.
- Installed a 50 kW Solar Panel System. It will satisfy over half of our annual power demand.
- Replaced the shop heating unit with 4 smaller efficient units, lowering our BTUs by 33%.
- Replaced the office heating/air conditioning unit with 4 smaller efficient units, lowering our BTUs by 50%.
- Added tinted thermoclear windows over shop windows for superior thermal efficiency.
- We use Electric Forklifts which are more environmentally friendly than propane powered units. They are now being charged by the sun!
- Replaced old factory fluorescent lights to energy efficient T5 lightning with motion sensors.
- All office lights have been replaced with low-powered ballasts with fewer bulbs per fixture.
- Printed catalogs get outdated very quickly and you need to print enormous amounts to be cost effective (which most end up being thrown out any way.) We haven’t printed a major catalog since 2001. Instead we rely on our website and individual flyers.
- We use scrap paper for most in-house paperwork (and get yelled at for using clean paper!)
- General recycling is not available in our town. Our employees started our own recycling plan for plastic, glass, paper and batteries. Our employees take the extra step and bring home the recycled content themselves.
- There is a separate dumpster for cardboard recycling.
- We pay recyclers to take scrap wood products (skids, lumber, packing material, etc.) which gets recycled as landscaping mulch.
- We reuse crates and cardboard packaging material we receive from vendors for other deliveries and in-house stocking of materials.
- We reuse old clothes as rags for the shop and art department.
- Employees bring in newspapers to be reused for packing products.
- We keep the building at a moderate but comfortable temperature. Employees wear heavier or lighter clothing during the different seasons.
- We purchase energy efficient computers and peripherals.
Need help selecting the best products for your location?
Get in touch with a People Guidance Pro today at 631-582-8600.